Marketing & Event Coordinator Position
Do you want to join the ACN team? The American College of Norway seeks to hire a Marketing and Event Coordinator in a full-time position. Applications are due April 15, 2022.
The American College of Norway (ACN) is a one-year program of university level studies in Norway, which leads to a U.S. Bachelor’s degree. Students who complete the program can apply to any U.S. university with our help or choose one of our partner universities.
ACN offers American university courses, taught in English by American faculty in a unique learning environment. Each year, 50 students are given the opportunity to join the program. Students can choose to be with us for a semester, year or summer program. The majority of our student body consists of Norwegian students, which gives our international students an excellent introduction into Norwegian society.
We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented, organized, has an eye for design, energetic, solution oriented, and not easily ruffled.
You will manage our social media channels, marketing strategies, web page and create content for all of these – among other tasks. Events are an important part of ACN and you will work in collaboration with a Student Activities Committee to plan and implement events. You will work collaboratively with the ACN staff to continue to develop the ACN Alumni Association. Recruiting of students at multiple levels will be paramount.
Your missions will be:
Marketing and PR
- Develop, create and manage content for website and social media channels and assist with the creation of ads/articles/promotional pieces (e.g., student profiles, pictures of events, relevant articles, print ads etc.)
- Design/create ads and materials for various publications
- Write and/or produce presentations, articles, reports, publicity brochures, information for websites and oversee promotional videos (out-of house productions or in-house snippets)
- Define and report KPIs for social media and website (e.g. analytics and SEO)
- Recruit and follow up leads with potential students (e.g. school tours, educational fairs, CRM)
- Main contact for promotional outreach
- Create and execute events (e.g. Welcome Activities, Haunted House, Thanksgiving, Spring Formal, guest speakers/visits from partner institutions)
- Manage the Student Activities Committee by creating and implementing events
- Create internal/external PR by promoting events, guest lectures, and school activities
- The Coordinator has responsibility for working closely with the ACN administration and the ACN Foundation in the USA to create a vibrant, sustainable working group
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Fluent English and Norwegian proficiency
- Studied in the American university system
- Experience with graphic design platforms
- Relevant experience with social media management, copywriting and visual content creation
*Please note that preference will be given to candidates with the above-mentioned qualification
Please submit the following materials to email@example.com by April 15, 2022:
- Cover letter
- Examples of relevant work (e.g. any social media accounts you have managed, articles/blogs written, websites managed or other related materials)